Microsoft ExpressRoute lets you extend your on-premises networks into the Microsoft cloud over a dedicated private connection facilitated by a connectivity provider. With ExpressRoute, you can establish connections to Microsoft cloud services, such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365, and CRM Online.
ExpressRoute connections do not go over the public Internet. This allows ExpressRoute connections to offer more reliability, faster speeds, lower latencies, and higher security than typical connections over the Internet.
Using ExpressRoute to access Azure is recommended for all enterprises. For guidance on using ExpressRoute to access Office 365 visit Azure ExpressRoute for Office 365.
Instant, easy, and secure access to Microsoft Azure and Office365
Telehouse customers can instantly access Azure or Office 365 Microsoft ExpressRoute through Telehouse Cloud Link.
Telehouse Cloud Link provides private, secure and low latency connections to multiple cloud service providers. Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute is available through a direct connection in the Telehouse London Docklands campus. Telehouse customers benefit from the ability to procure and manage connections in real time through the dedicated Cloud Link online portal.
How Can Microsoft ExpressRoute Benefit Me?
• Layer 3 connectivity between your on-premises network and the Microsoft Cloud through a connectivity provider. Connectivity can be from an any-to-any (IPVPN) network, a point-to-point Ethernet connection, or through a virtual cross-connection via an Ethernet exchange.
• Connectivity to Microsoft cloud services across all regions in the geopolitical region.
• Global connectivity to Microsoft services across all regions with ExpressRoute premium add-on.
• Dynamic routing between your network and Microsoft over industry standard protocols (BGP).
• Built-in redundancy in every peering location for higher reliability.
• Connection uptime SLA.
• QoS on Microsoft Peering and skype for business. Further QoS support is available here.