Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS Direct Connect allows Telehouse customers to establish private connectivity between Amazon Web Services and their IT infrastructure improving performance and security, whilst reducing cost and allowing for scalable bandwidth at peak business times.
AWS Direct Connect provides access to the full suite of Amazon cloud computing services including; Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) and Relational Database Service (RDS).
AWS Direct Connect can be accessed via a dedicated 1 Gbps or 10 Gbps connection through two possible solutions:
1. Telehouse has announced the availability of Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect at Telehouse Paris Voltaire, the first Amazon Direct Connect location in Paris. This is accessible instantly and seamlessly through our in-house cabling service.
2. Alternatively we make AWS Direct Connect available at our other locations through Telehouse Cloud Interconnect
which enables many of the world’s largest private and public cloud service providers and content providers to connect seamlessly and securely to end users through more than 750 carriers and Internet Exchanges in Telehouse.
HOW COULD THESE SERVICES BENEFIT ME?
• Bypassing the internet enables you to achieve a predictable network performance and deliver a more consistent end-user experience.
• A private connection between your on-premise network and Amazon Web Service will avoid the threats of the open Internet.
• If you have bandwidth-heavy workloads, you can reduce your bandwidth commitment to your Internet service provider by transferring data to and from AWS directly.
• Maintain your private cloud for frequently accessed data and have the ability to access the Amazon public cloud for on-demand capacity during peak times.
• Access to the full suite of Amazon compute services including; Simple Storage Service (S3), Elastic Cloud Compute (Amazon EC2), Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) and Relational Database Service (RDS).